Benefits of Using a DUI Lawyer
Hiring a DUI lawyer to represent a suspect in a DUI case can provide plenty of benefits including how to build a defense and how to settle the case out of court. DUI lawyers have years of experience defending suspects in DUI cases and know the ins and outs of the laws regarding DUI in the state in which they practice. dui defense lawyers will offer some of the best advice in the industry when it comes to bargaining with the prosecutor in a DUI case, when it comes to reaching a plea deal, or creating defenses that will be presented in a court of law.
Suspects charged or accused of driving under the influence should never go without a DUI lawyer just to save money from paying the dui fine because more often than not the suspect will wind up paying more money in fines and spending more time in jail if they represent themselves. The prosecutor will be able to blindside the suspect in a court of law if he or she does not have a representative present.
The benefits of using a DUI lawyer include:
- The lawyer’s ability to reach a plea deal with less jail time and fewer fees paid to the victim of a DUI accident or to the state in fines.
- A DUI lawyer can find technicalities involving a suspect’s case that could have the charges dropped and the case thrown out altogether.
- DUI lawyers usually allow their clients to contact them at any time of the day via any type of communication.
- Anything discussed with a DUI lawyer is strictly confidential and is protected under the attorney/client privilege. Since everything is confidential between a client and a lawyer, be completely honest with the lawyer, it will help him or her to build a stronger case.
- An attorney can help to delay the case in a court of law until they receive the judge that they like the best to preside over the DUI case.
- A DUI lawyer will have an easier time subpoenaing a police officer’s report of the traffic stop or the DUI accident that occurred involving the lawyer’s client.
A DUI lawyer will also be able to help a DUI suspect get their DUI charge expunged somewhere down the line. To have a DUI expunged from a suspect’s permanent record requires a variety of things to happen, including the state of the charge and where the charge was originally filed. If a motorist has been pulled over for driving under the influence and has had his or her license suspended by the state, a DUI lawyer will be able to appeal the license suspension and hopefully have the license reactivated before heading to court. This will enable the suspect to continue driving until the case reaches trial, in which the judge could decide to revoke the motorist’s license or suspend the driver’s license for a specific period of time.
If the suspect in a DUI case is a first time offender, a DUI lawyer will be able to have the charge reduced to a reckless driving charge most of the time. This will result in lesser fines, a reduced license suspension time, reduced jail time (if any) and not letting the case go to trial. Also, one of the most important benefits of using a DUI lawyer is that he or she will be able to determine whether or not the responding officer had reasonable cause to pull over the driver and reasonable cause to perform a DUI test on the driver. A DUI lawyer will also know how the DUI tests should be performed and whether or not they were performed correctly.
- If you need legal assistance with a DUI Charge, please consult with a DUI Lawyer near you to discuss the details of your case. This website is for informational purposes only, and nothing stated here should be taken as legal advice.